We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cincy
Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

We will be driving to Myrtle beach from Cincinnati, OH and am looking for the best route. Mapquest has given different routes each time we loaded in our destination. One has us going 75 South, the other has us going through West Virginia. Any idea the quickest and best route? We will be stopping about halfway or slightly before the mountains and the driving the remainder of the way the following morning. Any suggestions on where to stop with the route you are suggesting?

Thanks

Kentucky
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

If taking I-75 south, I would take this route.

Take I-75 South to exit 29 in Kentucky (Corbin/Barbourville exit). This exit will save you about 30 miles compared to staying on I-75 to Knoxville

At exit 29 take a left onto HWY 25E

Follow 25E for 90 miles to Morristown, TN

Take exit 1A to I-81 South for 7 miles

Exit to I-40 East 75 miles

then I-26 toward Spartanburg/Columbia

I-20 to Florence.

I-95 North to exit 170 and take a right to Hwy 76 which takes you to 501 (about 10 miles) Jumping on 95 allows you to bypass some of the stop and go traffic in Florence.

We have used this route for many years and find it to be the fastest way to the beach from I-75 south.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
2. Re: Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

This is what my inlaws take I believe. google maps says 660 miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/xv2Yd

Here is the US-25E shortcut Bob T mentioned that is 13 miles shorter according to google maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/HdU5K

Xenia, Ohio
reviews: 21
3. Re: Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

We live in Xenia and go through WV. Its just at 10hrs where 75 takes us almost 12. Its much more scenic too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Re: Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

We are also from Cincinnati and always take 75S to Knoxville, thru Asheville, Spartanburg, and Florence.

5. Re: Best Driving Route Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach