We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 1
First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

Hi. I have been checking online and trying to pick a nice hotel for my husband and I.

We don't wish to be in the middle of Myrtle Beach in the busy section. We will have our

car with us so we can travel where we want to go. Would like to stay in a nice "reasonably"

priced hotel / resort on either side of the centre of Myrtle Beach.

I like the look of the Dayton House, but I'm not sure if it is located in the Centre of it all??

Is parking your vehicle in this area safe?

Thanks for your help.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 30
1. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

Long Bay ,Ocean Reef, Island Vista, Dunes Village, Forest Dunes,Southwind and Beach Colony ara all located in a nice quiet residential type area that I highly recommend.This is the northern section of Myrtle Beach and while not in walking distance of the boardwalk it is an easy drive to all the major attractions.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 184
2. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

Dayton house is on the strip but remeber April is not an overly crowded time. I am not a big fan of the southern end of MB it's not as nice as the central or northern ends. I would not stay in Dunes Village as a couple because its always loaded with young children. Island Vista is great but more expensive. The area around The Caravelle, Monterrey and Long bay is very nice and a short drive to most attractions. Also take a look at Kingston Plantation which offers many different types of accomodations in a great setting, Good luck

Grand Rapids...
3. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

I will be traveling to myrtle beach in may for the first time with my daughter and 2 grandkids10 & 4. Thinking of staying at westgate myrtle beach. Any other recommendations?

Winchester, VA
reviews: 3
4. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

I recommend the Resort - Horizon at 77th ave ,located in the quiet area of the Golden Mile ... north of the downtown area . Its the best area in MB. The Horizon is a new resort with resonable prices and close to everything,, nice rest., cheaper places like K W Caferia, Great American Buffet etc, close to theaters, and close to North MB where Barefoot Landing is, and very close to Broadway at theBeach. The rates at theHorizon are bargin prices for a4-5 star resort. The views are beautiful overlooking the trees and the ocean, plus the beach isn't very crowded since next to it , there are miles of very nice private homes. The address is 215 77th ave North , BUT still in Myrtle Beach (not North MB).

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
5. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

If it is just me and my husband I would stay at Island Vista or South Wind. Horizon at 77, might be nice, but it is not oceanfront. Very close, but still. Carolina Winds is right in front of Horizon..ocean front. I do recommend that hotel as well.

Jamaicagurl, Westgate looks pretty nice! I've never seen it mentioned much on here, but it does look like a good hotel. Good location...but it is right across the street from a big amusement park, so might want to consider the crowds and noise that go along with that.

Grand Rapids...
6. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

thank you. Like I seen that the amusement park was close. Looking for activity within walking distance to a lot of attractions plus I like that its beachfront. Hopefully it will workout.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
7. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

For a couple I would recommend Island Vista or The Anderson Club. Horizon is not oceanfront and is not a 4-5 star resort. It really depends on what type of location you are looking for. April is not overly crowded so if you would like to walk to attractions, bars and many restaurants then The Anderson would be great choice, if you want to be 3 miles nort of that then Island Vista is a top notch resort but you can not walk to anything it's in a totally residential area.

Chicago, IL
8. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

Can anyone recommend what area is best to stay in with kids? Looking to take a group vacation with another family so want to rent a house -- but I don't know anything about Myrtle Beach and the area. Would like to be somewhat close to the beach and attractions, but will have a car and can drive. Any suggestions is appreciated!!!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
9. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

If you are looking at houses then you should look at Garden City and Surfside which are both seperate towns south of MB approx 15-20 minutes away from central MB. These are nice areas with large oceanfront or just across the street homes which can accomodate groups of most sizes. There are few attractions and not many restaurants nearby or within walking distance. You will less crowded and the the beaches are great. If you want to stay closer to the attractions, restaurants,etc then you should be looking in MB and again there are many different areas, from those that are more crowded and will let you walk to many attractions, restaurants, etc to those which are further removed and will require short drives or maybe 10-15 minute drives. It all comes down to what you are looking for because one of the great things about MB is it has it all.

10. Re: First time to Myrtle Beach in April...where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2014