We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo,NY
reviews: 2
Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

Any tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach my husband and two boys, ages 10 and 12. Where? Attractions? Restaurants? Planning an inprobtu trip and overwhelmed. Coming from Buffalo, NY.

Buffalo,NY
reviews: 2
11. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

perfect, thank you

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 173
12. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

A visit to Broadway at the Beach is a must and Wonderworks is a very good attraction. Alligator adventure at Barefoot landing is something the kids would enjoy as well. A day trip to georgetown approx a 40 minute ride is good there is a lot of history as well as Capt Rods boat tours and planty of waterfront dining.. Of course near the Boardwalk area you hace the Skywheel, Slinshot, Fun and horror houses, ripley's and piers.There are dozens of mini golf courses and some are very elobrate. Have a great time and don't let any talk about spring break or that time of year disuade you.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 128
13. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

Although I now enjoy a nice day in Historic Georgetown and Historic Charleston and do suggest it, when I was 10 or 12, I enjoyed visiting Patriots Point much more than walking around the Historic Districts. http://www.patriotspoint.org/

[edit] The Fort Sumter tour is a lot of fun too. You kids may enjoy it especially if they enjoy boat rides.

Edited: 7:55 am, March 15, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
reviews: 20
14. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

We always go during spring break and its no issue. Will be back again this year. Compass cove is nice, stayed there 2 years ago.

Atlanta, Georgia
15. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

We have stayed at Compass Cove one time, but prefer North Myrtle. Nothing against Compass Cove we just like the north end better. Make sure to travel to North Myrtle and check out Barefoot Landing. Some of our favorite things to do at Barefoot is eat breakfast at House of Blues (great value). If you have never been to Alligator Adventure it is worth a trip if your kids like reptiles. Barefoot Landing also has the best ice cream at the beach Maggie Moo's.

Broadway At The Beach is a must visit. Your kids will love it! Check it out on line.

I would suggest the following places to eat:

Sea Captains House - breakfast

Carolina Roadhouse best steak

Dunken Jacks - best seafood

River City - best burgers

Ultimate California Pizza - best pizza

Also, don't forget to check out a pier. I would suggest 2nd Ave. There has not been one time that we have went that we have not seen something exciting. Last year we saw a huge shark jumping out of the water. Dusk is a great time to go.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 111
16. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

Can you be more specific about the Japanese restaurant? Such as the name. We are looking for a good Japanese restaurant for our visit.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 173
17. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

Hana Teppanyaki on River Oaks is rated #1 in MB. Check it out.

Conway, South...
18. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

Me and some friends are coming down during spring break.. We're all teenage girls and we have no idea where to start. Help??

Xenia, Ohio
reviews: 20
19. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

What are your ages? Are you driving or flying? Are you wanting to stay close or drive to attractions? To get to see everything, you will need a car.

20. Re: Tips for spending 5 days in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 18, 2014