We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

I really wanted to read Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River' before my visit to Hampton Plantation. I've searched on line and I can't get it delivered to me in Canada in time before my trip. I was hoping someone might know of a place I could purchase this book from?

Thanks..

ktown

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
1. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

I absolutely love "Home by the River" and have purchased copies as gifts on several occasions. I been able to get the book directly from Sandlapper Publishing, even when it isn't available on Amazon.

http://www.sandlapperpublishing.com/arch.html

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
2. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

Thanks.

I found that site but there is no way I would receive it before I leave. I was hoping to be able to find a bricks and mortar store somewhere north of Hampton Plantation (we are traveling north to south and I wanted to read it before we got there).

ktown

p.s. Your positive comments about the book make it hurt even more that it looks like I'll have to wait until after my trip to read the book!

Edited: 11:34 am, February 11, 2013
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
3. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

DId you call Barnes and Noble?

store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/store/2289

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
4. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

Do you have a Kindle or a Nook? Any possibility of getting it that way? Or how about downloading to a computer?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
5. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

You might try phoning the publisher about retail locations along your route. Or, perhaps they could ship it to you at one of your intermediate stops?

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
6. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion of Barnes and Noble - we don't have those here so hadn't though of that. I checked but their website says it's not available.

I don't have an e-reader, but still looked and did not find anywhere to download it. I thought maybe I could download somehow to my netbook or something.

I haven't tried contacting the publisher. I'll check into that.

Thanks for all your efforts and help!

ktown

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

According to this, it is available, I think they are used copies.

…barnesandnoble.com/Home-by-the-River/Archib…

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
8. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

I've looked all over the Barnes and Noble website, and although the book is listed I don't see anywhere to actually order it. The only reference anywhere to it's availability is that it's 'not currently available'. When I go to the section where it lists the book at a lower price (presumably used) there is no where to click to actually buy it. It seems to take me in a circle from used to new, over and over. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ktown

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
9. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

When I go to the website and click on "used " i get the description with an "add to bag" button.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Archibald Rutledge's 'Home By The River'

I clicked on the "11 Used" under the title, the first one that shows up is for $13.50, says it ships in 1-2 days, will ship to Canada, etc Has "button" to the side that says "add to bag", when I click that, it takes me to a new page, from there I select "continue checkout" and just go from there.