We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in MB

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
reviews: 4
Winter in MB

So what is there to do in MB in the winter aside from golf? Too cold for the beach, I assume a lot of seasonal places will be closed. We are afraid we will be bored as we are not golfers.

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 47
1. Re: Winter in MB

Winter in Myrtle Beach is pretty cold. If you would like to be able to enjoy the beach, you might want to take a look at Guf Shores/Orange Beach, AL or Destin, FL, both of which have large snowbird populations (so everything is open). However, remember that Myrtle Beach is a pretty large town with many full time residents, not just a beach community, so I would imagine that many of the shows, shops, restaurants, and other attractions remain open throughout the winter. Myrtle Beach has many more of those types things to do than any other beach area we have been to.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 17
2. Re: Winter in MB

How long will you be there ? I have 2 condos there and both are rented to guests who spend 3 or 4 months there , same guests every year. You can walk on the beach majority of days, but can be cold. Most resorts have ample indoor water activities, the live theaters are all open as well as the majority of restaurants, etc. There are some that are seasonal, but not the majority. Broadway at the Beach is a good days choice, as well as nearby Georgetown or Brookgreen Gardens. You will not be bored unless you are looking for mostly beach activities.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 22
3. Re: Winter in MB

Most restaurants, shows, shopping areas and other attractions on the Grand Strand are open year-round. Children's amusement parks are the things that are most likely to be closed. If you are an adult, there are many things open to keep you busy. Even when it's chilly, people walk, run, sit and play on the beach. There are places to eat, shop and enjoy. My aunt used to say, "There's no such thing as boredom, only boring people."

mooviemadness
reviews: 29
4. Re: Winter in MB

To add on to what Nomis said, there are night clubs open also, if you're interested.

Edited: 12:19 am, December 11, 2012
5. Re: Winter in MB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 17, 2013