We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area to stay in myrtle beach area

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham
reviews: 2
which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Having two week holiday in charlotte area,and fancy three or four days in myrtle beach area(or anywhere else in the area. Is there a part of myrtle beach that would be best for us. We are in our 70,s but active,and from uk. Just mentioned this as may be relevant to replies. Many thanks in advance Brian

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 56
1. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

When will you be visiting the MB area? The time of year might make a difference. In the prime tourist season, some areas are more congested than others, and that may or may not be to your liking. We are in our 60's and prefer less congestion.

Durham
2. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Thank you forn your reply, we are visiting in april next (2013)

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 184
3. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

April is not to busy and if you would like to be able to walk to many attractions, Restaurants and Bars then I would suggest The Anderson Club. It has very nice accomodations and is very centrally located. It also has an on-site spa and the resort is geared more for adults. The only negative are the pools , they are somewhat small. If you don't mind a little driving look into Island Vista which is a great resort with all the amenities,however, it's in a residential area so you are not within walking distance to anything. Also you can check out Kingston Planataion which is at the very north end of MB and it offers great accomodations in Royale Palms and again it has all the amenities as well as a state of the art Fitness center on the grounds. You will not be disappointed with any of these choices.

Edited: 9:46 am, December 03, 2012
North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
4. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

My suggestion would be to look in the area along the ocean north of about 30 th Street , maybe go up to the very southern end of North Myrtle Beach (which, believe it or not, is a separate place). You would be away from the most congested areas but have easy access to them. It's more of a 'residential' area feel than central Myrtle Beach which has high rise resorts in a line along the beachfront. Good area to walk along the beach.

Many of the resorts have indoor pools and rooms with kitchenettes if that suits you. We've always liked to have the option of having breakfast in our room on the oceanfront balcony in our pjs.

Places you might want to consider include Caribbean, Caravelle, Long Bay, Sea Watch and Beach Cove (in N Myrtle). Those are resorts we've stayed in personally or that personal friends have stayed in. Obviously there are many more, which Myrtle Beach destination experts are sure to recommend. Just wanted to give you somewhere to begin. There are an overwhelming number of options in Myrtle Beach, aren't there?

Boston...
5. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

I would explore the "Myrtle Beach Resort". It is spacious and very well maintained.It's on the south end of myrtle and easy to get around to whereever you want.I am an owner of a 1 bedroom unit there.We have 33 acres and lots of pools, hottubs,steam,sauna,lazy river, etc.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
6. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Sorry, but NO to Myrtle Beach Resort. At least for this poster who will be there for only 3-4 days. Yes to Anderson, Island Vista, Caribbean, Long Bay..or even South Wind.Those are MUCH better locations if you are going to be there for just a few days. .

Durham
7. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Thank you all. I will take all on board. Actually I am now THINKING that maybe I should go to charlleston instead,but am a bit worried about driving in a city. Any thoughts..??

Boston...
8. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Charleston is our favorite city. We even own a timeshare there right on East Bay Street. the "Lodge Alley Inn"

We visit there often and don't worry about driving around in the city.

There is so much to see and most can be done on foot. We were there last year and stayed at our resort . We never took our car out for 3 days, we just enjoy walking around and seeing the great sights of the historical city.

Durham
9. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

Thank you so much for your reply,I think e charleston seems to be favourite

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
10. Re: which area to stay in myrtle beach area

I was going to suggest Charleston initially. It's nearly everyone's favorite city, and for a good reason. It's a wonderful spot. Please don't worry about driving around in the city. The city is not enormous, like New York or London. Many of the sights can be reached on foot (at least the ones in the Historic District). You can leave your car parked at your hotel (if you stay in the Historic District) or at the Visitor's Center (if you stay on the outskirts). Why don't you start a new thread and ask some questions about Charleston? Lots of good advice from the locals in that area....