We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's there to do for couples without kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorktown, Virginia
reviews: 2
What's there to do for couples without kids?

I've heard that MB is a great place for families. How is it for couples in their early 30's- who like to have a lot of fun and enjoy nightlife? We are staying at the Breakers Paradise Tower in June 2005 for a week. What are some good restaurants and night clubs/dance clubs? How's the beach and water temperature around this time? Any information would be much appreciate!

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
reviews: 27
1. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

Hi,

I think the place for nightlife now is Broadway at the Beach. (20 years ago I could have told you exactly every hot spot up and down the Grand Strand! It's sad to get old!) Broadway at the Beach is a large shopping, entertainment, restaurant destination off of Hwy.17 bypass in Myrtle Beach. (check out their website) There is an area there kind of like Universal's City Walk or Disney's Pleasure Island that has a number of different style nightclubs. We're in our early 40's and for our nights out usually only hit the Shag clubs in Ocean Drive, a section of North Myrtle Beach,(that's great fun ,too) but our younger friends and family really enjoy the Broadway at the Beach clubs. They usually use a taxi there and back, so there's no drinking and driving incidents. There are also a number of fun "themed" restaurants there: Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville has recently opened; & The Hard Rock Cafe is there, along with many others. A short drive to the south of MB is Murrell's Inlet, there are many great seafood restaurants there. (everyone must eat seafood!) There's a few restaurants on the waterfront that have an outdoor bar area and sometimes live music, this is fun as well. (I can't think of any names right now, I know them by sight) There is a website that has tons of great info. and links for more area info.- FunBeaches.com You can use a link to order free visitor's info. I'm sure that would help you a lot.

Have a Great Vacation!

Phila.,Pa.
2. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

HI, Let me tell you if you love the beach theres no place to enjoy it than at myrtle where you have a very nice beach along with warm ocean temperatures . When it comes to nite life I would recomend Broadway at the Beach where you have a wide veriaty of Clubs to just go in and out of because there all located on one strip next door to each other. If that don't work for you theres always great shows to go see like the Carolina Oprea which is a good time and don't be fooled by the name its a great show and for great food just drive along resturant row where there are tons of great places to eat any kind of food that you like. My wife enjoys shopping and you can shop to your hearts content at the new outlet centers at Tangers or the new Mall all located within Myrtle Beach. Were not from Myrtle Beach but we always took our kids there for vacation and we all grew to love it there so much that we decided to buy a place, while all our kids are in college my wife and I go down ourselves so were in the same boat as you guys except when are kids come home in the summer we all go down and have a great time. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your vacation .

Wrightsville Beach...
3. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

Myrtle Beach is loaded with things to do for couples that love the night life.As mentioned Broadway's Celebrity Square, has an excellent dueling Piano Bar calledCrocodiles that is tons of fun and also gets you in to Revolutions the disco across the way.On Hwy 17 close to Downtown is ICON's disco and sports bar with a Ice bar upstairs, across thestreet is Studebakers with live music. When I purchased my rental property listed on the site vrbo com 39972 I choose the restaurant row area. It has the Comedy Cabana, Rossi's Piano Bar,Ocean Annie's a great oceanfront place with music and 2001 which is three night clubs in one and some thingfor every age. Barefoot Landing is just down the street with the House of Blues and Alabama Theater.In North Myrtle you have all the shag clubs more 40 - 60 age group, but tons of fun if you love the music. They all so have the Spanish Galion with is a dance disco.

Myrtle Beach, SC
4. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

We found a lot of information from a local who has a message board at:

www.funbeaches.com/forum

shiloh, michigan
5. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

my wife and i were there in 2001 just after 9/11. later than when you are going but we were blessed with high 70,s for temps. you may want to try studebakers great club. they have a hard rock cafe and planet holleywood near a outside like mall i cant remeber the name of it, but it was alot of fun with some really nice bars and resturants as well. i would have to say that its a great place if you have kids or not. oh yeah my wife and i were 30 and 29 with no kids just two great dogs. have fun.

Myrtle Beach
reviews: 1
6. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

Broadway at the Beach and Club Icon (across from Studebakers) are the best clubs to go to. They each have about 5-6 different clubs right together in which you can choose from. Studebakers is nice as well. As far as restaurants.... seafood- Sea Captains House, Italian-Villa Romana, steaks-Carolina Roadhouse (excellent salads as well) or Buckhead Colorado Steakhouse, pizza-California Pizza, burgers-River City Cafe. Hope this helps! Enjoy your visit!!!

Myrtle Beach
reviews: 1
7. Re: What's there to do for couples without kids?

In June the avg. air temp. is 86 and the avg. water temp. is 78!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach