We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach last week in March

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
etobicoke
Myrtle Beach last week in March

My 11-year-old and I are considering driving down to MB from Toronto to visit relatives and golf! We'd like an inexpensive but clean place to stay for at least part of the time and I'd heard of the Springmaid Resort from another travel forum. Anyone visited it? Also any suggestions for kid-friendly but not too commercial things to do, places to explore?

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
reviews: 27
1. Re: Myrtle Beach last week in March

I've never stayed at the Springmaid Resort, I've stayed in the nearby campgrounds all my life, so I do know the area. A dear friend of mine vacations at Springmaid every year. She is a "clean freak" and very frugal, so I know this place must be very clean, and inexpensive! It is in a nice location, just to the south of the heavy traffic areas of MB. (Hwy.17 can still back up however) It is near the airport so you will probably hear planes. MB State Park is nearby and has some trails to walk through natural coastal areas, there is also a fishing pier there. There's also another state park further south, beyond Murrell's Inlet; Huntington Beach State Park. It also has trails through natural coastal areas and lots of coastal wildlife. There is a historic "castle" on the grounds.

Across the road from Huntington S.P. is Brookgreen Gardens, I haven't been there since I was a kid, 25+ years ago. I remember it having a lot of gardens with statuary, nature trails, and areas to view animals such as deer, alligators, and other local wildlife. There may be even more to do and see now. I'm sure they have a website you could check out to see if it sounds interesting. Pawley's Island is also nearby, it is a lovely historic oceanfront community.

If you don't mind traveling further south, to Charleston, (about an hour) there's tons to see such as historic forts, plantations, tour an aircraft carrier plus other large ships, and all the beautiful homes and history in Historic Charleston. My kids love exploring all the above in the Charleston area, and love to take horse drawn carriage rides in Historic Charleston.

Best Wishes!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach