We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Dates

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, PA
reviews: 75
Spring Break Dates

Is there a defined "Spring Break" time for Myrtle Beach?? If so, when is it??

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 16
1. Re: Spring Break Dates

Spring Break in Myrtle Beach covers several weeks. Whenever students, high school and college, get their spring break. It varies not only from state to state, but also county to county within a state. One of my grandchildren is out the week of Easter, the other is not out until the 3rd week of April. Myrtle Beach draws spring breakers from at least six states, maybe more.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
2. Re: Spring Break Dates

None of the SC beaches are major spring break destinations for kids traveling without their families. The water and the air are too cold to attract the wet tee-shirt crowd!

Monroe, North...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Spring Break Dates

I definitely beg to differ, as Myrtle Beach is where we always went for Spring Break in college and for grad week in high school. We never cared how cold it was, but then again we didn't really see or participate in any wet tee shirt contests either. Both times were always packed. March-May is a big time for college/high school spring breaks. May is when most of the large universities are down. I used to remember the set weeks when certain schools were down on spring break, but it's been awhile :) June is probably your busiest time before the family vacations begin because of high school graduations. As nanajayne stated, there are a ton of high school grads that swarm the beach area from multiple states. It was fun when I was that age, but now 10 years later, I prefer to either go to North Myrtle or just stay away during June. I hope this was some kind of useful!

Fulton, MS
4. Re: Spring Break Dates

Spring break in Mississippi is the week of March 4th.

Fulton, MS
5. Re: Spring Break Dates

I'm sorry that is March 14th.

Ontario
reviews: 1
6. Re: Spring Break Dates

A lot of people from Ontario come down for March break. I have worked for an elementary school for 26 years and March break has always included St. Patrick's Day. Other boards may have different times for their break.

Hilton NY
reviews: 13
7. Re: Spring Break Dates

3rd week of April for a lot of upstate New York schools.

8. Re: Spring Break Dates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach