We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach
reviews: 1
A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

I am a MB local (lived here all my life) and just wanted to offer some recommendations on great dining in the area:

Steaks:

-Carolina Roadhouse-(great salads & baked potato soup as well)

-Longhorn-(same center as Coastal Grand Mall)

-Bovine's Steakhouse- (Murrells Inlet)

-New York Prime- (upscale)

-Cagney's- (fabulous seafood as well) also has a piano bar

Seafood:

-Sea Captains House-(they also do a great breakfast & lunch)

-Divine Fish House-(Murrells Inlet)

-Drunken Jacks-(Murrells Inlet)

-Sara J's-(Murrells Inlet)

-Frank's-(Pawleys Island)

-Lee's Inlet Kitchen (Murrells Inlet)

-Gulfstream Cafe-(Murrells Inlet) waterfront dining at the marina

Burgers:

-River City Cafe-Myrtle Beach & Surfside (WONDERFUL onion rings as well)

Seafood buffet:

-Captain George's

-Original Benjamins (Reastaurant Row)

Italian:

-Villa Romana (prepared from scratch on premises)

-Rossi's (fine Italian cuisine)

-Angelo's (also great for kids as they have a small Italian buffet as well as menu)

Fine dining:

-The Library

-Throughbreds (Restaurant Row)

-Collector's Cafe & Galleria

Mexican:

-Burro Loco

-El Cerro Grande

Japanese:

-Yamato's (Broadway at the Beach)

-Miyabi's (Murrells Inlet & Restaurant Row)

Thai:

-Royal Thai

Delivery: (of course it depends on where you're staying at on whether or not they will deliver)

-Ron Jon's: (variety:burgers, great salads, sandwiches, finger foods, super Blue Plate specials) open until 3am

-Manny's Deli (New York Style subs)

-California Pizza:(great pizza, sandwiches & salads)

Enjoy! Feel free to add some more if you think of any I have missed!

204 replies to this topic
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 5
1. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Do you mean Ultimate California Pizza?

I would also like to add Nibils at the Surfside Pier. Do you agree?

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 314
2. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Do you really think the burgers are that good at River City? I've tried them twice and both times they were very dry, chewy and almost tasteless. Personally I think Logan's Roadhouse has the best burgers of any place. I do agree with you on Lee's Inlet Kitchen and they have the best crab cakes I've ever had. Under the Italian heading you didn't mention Villa Mare (spelling) which I think is the best in town and mostly a locals spot. Yamamoto's quality has gone down hill in the last few years- we quit eating there.

Myrtle Beach
3. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Yes, I was refering to Ultimate California Pizza. I agree, Nibil's at the Surfside pier is excellent as well. I personally have always had great food at River City Cafe and honestly have never heard anything bad about there. I must admit it's been several months since I was last there. I haven't been to Logans yet, I'll have to check their burgers out. Thanks! The Italian restaurant is called Villa Romana (it is btwn 8th and 9th Ave S. on buiness 17). Wonderful food and it is owned by an Italian family. It has also been a while since I was at Yamatos but I was recently at Miyabis and it was excellent as always!

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 314
4. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

anybobnmb,

The Villa Mare I am referring to is in the old Walmart shopping center at 7819 N. Kings Hwy.

hartsville, sc
5. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Anybobnmb- we tried Lattitude 22 in Surfside last beach trip and really liked it. Loved the location. I also really like Wahoo's and I know they are both owned by Divine Dining Group. Hot Fish Club in Murrell's Inlet is also one of my favorites.

Myrtle Beach
6. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

I was actually going to put Latitude 22 on my list because I have heard great things about that restaurant but I have never been there myself so I could not give a personal recommendation. Thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 40
7. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

It's great to hear where the local folks go... We visit MB almost every year and can't miss Drunken Jack's or River City Cafe. I agree that Angelo's is a great family place.

Do you have any breakfast favorites? We do like the Captains House (staying next door at Caribbean next week) for breakfast but would like to try others.

Durham, NC
reviews: 24
8. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

I would add Angelo's to the great steak list. I know, it's an Italian restaurant (with so-so pasta) but the steak was among the best I've had at a restaurant (including high-priced steakhouses). Amazing flavor.

Another recommendation for Sea Captain's House, too.

Myrtle Beach
9. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Although I have never tried one myself, Angelo's advertises the "best steaks in the universe!" Have been hearing how great their steaks are. After all the bragging I have heard, plus yours, I have to try one. :-) Thanks!

Sea Captains House does have a fabulous breakfast! Chestnut Hill, in Restaurant Row does a wonderful Sunday Brunch (dinner is superb as well) but I'm unsure if they do an everyday breakfast. Although it's a chain, Cracker Barrel has a very good breakfast. Magnolia's Restaurant on 26 Ave N Ocean Blvd has great food! I know they do lunch and I'm almost positive breakfast, which is delicious. All are must tries.

Enjoy!

Pennsylvania
reviews: 3
10. Re: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!

Just came back from MB about 10 min. ago.. I enjoyed California Pizza and Jersey Mike's Subs, could not get into River City Cafe.. as there were nine of us. .I heard many great things about this place, we ate there several years ago.. and enjoyed it alot.

Reply to: A locals restaurant recom. for any type of food!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted