We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

I'm looking for a quick 3-4 day get away for my anniversary, beginning of April. This hotel shows opening in March 2014. Does anyone have any info about the status, locale, etc.? Also looking for ideas of local things to see and do, spouse is mildly disabled so walking for long periods is difficult. Planning on going to Charleston for the historic buggy-type tours, but wanted some ideas for the local area. Thanks

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 85
1. Re: Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

I would not recommend the new Residence Inn for your visit.

The new hotel is located in a shopping center (Freshfields Village) between Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island. The drive into Charleston is about 45 minutes, and there is nothing near the hotel other than some specialty shops and a few restaurants.

You also will not have general access to Kiawah and Seabrook, which are private gated islands. If you want to see Kiawah, you can get a day pass for a lunch or dinner reservations at one of the restaurants. If you want to go to the beach, public beach access for Kiawah's beach is at Beachwalker County Park, about five minutes from your hotel to drive and park. You will not have any access at all to Seabrook, which is wholly residential.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
reviews: 12
2. Re: Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

I agree, the Andell Inn is not really set up to be a vacation hotel. Find yourself a villa on Kiawah and stay near the beach, if it's beach that you want. You should be able to find some oceanview villas at Windswept.

3. Re: Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

Thanks so much die the quick response. That's the type of info you don't see on the hotel website.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
reviews: 85
4. Re: Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

I know it is confusing! The Town of Kiawah Island recently annexed Freshfields, where the hotel is located. Thus, hotel's address is "Kiawah Island" even though it is not located on Kiawah Island.

I agree with Kiawahbeth than an oceanfront condo on Kiawah would be lovely for an anniversary! Our two accessible oceanfront condo buildings are the "Shipwatch" building and the largest "Windswept" building. Both have elevators, ramps, etc., as well as gorgeous views and easy access to the beach.

Another option (absolutely gorgeous, but much more expensive!) is the elegant oceanfront Sanctuary Hotel!

5. Re: Residence Inn on Farm Lake View Rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:50 am, March 17, 2015