We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vow Renewals

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Vow Renewals

After vacationing in Kiawah for many years, I was thinking of planning a surprise for my husband for this summer when we are there. I would love to have our wedding vows renewed. We are traveling with another couple that are close friends, and I thought it might be special to do that. Just something intimate for the 4 of us to enjoy. Any suggestions on how to make that happen there? I know a lot of weddings take place there, but nothing that elaborate is needed.

7 replies to this topic
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Vow Renewals

You should contact the Resort, they can probably help you more than anyone else. The weddings are usually planned through either the Resort or through The Kiawah Island Club (property owners only).

Did you have a particular location in mind or what? A minister? Dinner? Cake or something???

You need to provide a little more information. Are you staying on the beach?

ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Vow Renewals

We are staying on Surfscoter. I was thinking about just a little private thing on the beach in the evening, with a minister. We are not renting thru the resort. I didn't provide a lot of details...because I don't have any yet :) It was just an idea forming. I will contact the resort and see how they could help me with this. Thanks for your input. :)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Vow Renewals

Not to rain on your parade, but do remember that there are lots of rentals in that area and there are lots of people on the beach until almost dark and no where on the beach is private, people will stop to watch you.

If you will be here at a time that's not during the busy summer months it would probably be easier.

Ask about doing it at Mingo Point, usually much quieter than on the beach (and owned by the Resort).

You might also ask for suggestions through your rental agency .

ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Vow Renewals

I don't mind people being on the beach, we go every year over the 4th. In private, I just meant it was just going to be us and our friends, not a big group of people. I may look into Mingo Point, I do like that location. Thanks for your input.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Vow Renewals

Hi - we are planning something similar this year and wondered how you got on? Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Vow Renewals

I forgot to ask - who did you organise this with, was it the resort or some other organisation?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Vow Renewals

In case you don't get a response, as suggested, above, planning through the Resort is the best option.

Reply to: Vow Renewals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island