We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family

Hi-

We are a family of three with a young son with moderate ASD. We've been vacationing on HHI since my son was nearly three-it was a good fit due to the wide beaches and bikes paths to keep him entertained, and we trailered him all over the island. We even owned a 1/4 share villa there(Shipyard) for a couple years.

But now we have become a bit too familiar with everything and his autism is keeping us "locked in" to the same trails, restaurants and patterns. He has matured quite a bit and lost many symptoms over the years-he now enjoys most of what a neurotypical 4-5 yr old would like(mini golf, arcades, water slides) and is craving novelty. Any suggestions on another SC beach locale that offer trails where he can ride his bike, parks with playgrounds, and most of all, access to two or more pools?--bikes and swimming pools are his favorite things to do. We are planning to go in April. Sorry for the long post and I greatly appreciate your feedback!

Blessings-Beth

3 replies to this topic
Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
1. Re: HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family

We have the bike trails and the Resort has the pools, but we don't have mini golf or arcades.

Here's the info on the Resort pools...

kiawahresort.com/recreation/…pools

Edited: 9:10 pm, February 19, 2014
2. Re: HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family

Thanks so much! That does help us narrow it down. The link you provided to the pools info page is not working, however. Getting an error code. Thanks again

Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
3. Re: HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family

Just go to

Www.kiawahresort.com

Then look under Recreation.

I don't think you're going to find what you are looking for in the Charleston area. Not much in the way of arcades and putt putt here. Kiawah has the most in the way of real bike trails.

Myrtle Beach would have the amusement stuff, but I don't think it would be overall the place you are looking for.

Reply to: HHI vs Kiawah for special needs family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island