We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks and attractions to walk to for the non-golfer in Feb

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 143
Walks and attractions to walk to for the non-golfer in Feb

I'm staying at The Sanctuary for a few days in Feb, accompanying my spouse who has a meeting there. I love to walk, and am wondering what good walks (and perhaps walk-to attractions like bookshops, other shopping) will be nearby that I could enjoy while on my own.

Thanks for any advice.

1 reply
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
1. Re: Walks and attractions to walk to for the non-golfer in Feb

Kiawah is a large island, with lots of open space and paved trails for walking or bicycling. The ten-mile, packed-sand, private beach will be lovely for walking even in February. I recommend renting a bicycle to explore the entire island. Also, check into the guided nature walks and island tours offered by The Nature Center at Night Heron Park - kiawahresort.com/recreation/things-to-see-an… If you want to visit an outlying location anywhere on the island, The Sanctuary's complimentary on-island transportation will take you where you are going and pick you up when you are ready to return to the hotel.

There are some lovely shops in The Sanctuary Hotel itself, including a wonderful art gallery. For more shopping, visit Freshfields Village, which is outside of the main gates and much too far to walk from The Sanctuary. In Freshfields, I especially like Indigo Books, a full service bookstore that offers lots of books of local interest, and Carolina Clay Gallery, featuring pottery and glass from South Carolina and North Carolina artisans. Check with the concierge at The Sanctuary about transportation to and from Freshfields.

Reply to: Walks and attractions to walk to for the non-golfer in Feb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island