We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Novi, Michigan
First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

Hi, my husband and I are considering Kiawah for our 30th anniversary. We love nature and bike riding, and the beach. Our anniversary is early May, but think it would be too cool to really enjoy the beach, swimming ect. So, we are thinking early June for two weeks or so. Am I right in thinking early May would be too early for good beach weather, swimming, tanning and such? Also, I am a bit nervous about the palmetto bugs, as I am a bug wimp. Are they prevalent in the villas? We are from the mid west and have vacationed mostly along the Maine coast, so are not used to these. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited: 11:56 pm, November 25, 2013
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
1. Re: First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

May will be wonderful for outdoor activities, mid-May might be better for the water.

All the villas are sprayed regularly (as are all the houses on the island, sort of a "have to"). When we used to rent we encountered a problem or two, but I resolved it (for the short term) by leaving a light on in the kitchen all the time (under the microwave light is fine, not the big overhead light). The bugs prefer the dark, so "let there be light"!!!

Plan on checking in w/my friend Ralph prior to that time to book a kayak tour of the marshes for while you're here...

www.kayakcharleston.net

Happy Anniversary! Kiawah is the perfect place to enjoy!

Charleston, South...
reviews: 14
2. Re: First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

The water should be nice in May, at least compared to Maine or Michigan. Enjoy!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
3. Re: First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

May air and water temperatures should be fine for sunning and swimming, and not so hot and humid as June.

4. Re: First visit to Kiawah/ a couple questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island