We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of eating out on Kiawah

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Cost of eating out on Kiawah

My fiance and I are looking at a trip to Kiawah Island for our honeymoon next summer. I'm wondering how much we should expect to pay for food for the week. We would plan on buying groceries and doing our own breakfast and lunch, but going out to dinner most nights. We would be there for 7 nights. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much we should expect to spend? Also, we're not big drinkers.

Hilton Head, South...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cost of eating out on Kiawah

Depends on where you go of course, for a fancy place expect entrees starting at $20+ per person.

There's plenty of affordable places though, in the $10-15 range per person.

King Street Grille is a good place, as well as Reds Ice House (at the marina)

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
2. Re: Cost of eating out on Kiawah

The simple answer is that you can spend as much or as little as you want on dining out.

Having the option to prepare your own meals gives you lots of flexibility; if your villa has a wonderful view, you might decide to eat at home more than you now think. Beyond that, assuming you will have a car, there will be many choices on Kiawah, Seabrook (Bohicket Marina), and Johns Island for good budget-friendly meals. As your plans develop, we can make specific recommendations to fit your dining wish list.

I suggest you plan one big splurge at The Ocean Room in The Sanctuary Hotel; reserve in advance (and be sure to let them know you you're on your honeymoon). www.kiawahresort.com/dining/the-ocean-room

Also, attend the resort's Monday evening Mingo Point Oyster Roast, a wonderful summer evening with "all you can eat" oysters and big barbecue buffet, and the opportunity to take a sunset cruise on the Kiawah River.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
3. Re: Cost of eating out on Kiawah

You can get pizza and subs or wraps for under $20 for the two of you at East Beach Village (small food court), best bargains on the Island.

We are fans of Red's at Bohicket, they have music several times over there, great spot for sunset views. You can probably do this one for $30-$35, w/o beverages, if you're doing things like burgers or fish tacos.

Ocean Room is a good choice for a splurge, if it's too over the top pricewise, try The Atlantic Room at The Ocean Course, marvelous views and a little less painful on the wallet.

I agree, the Oyster Roast is an experience, live music there, too. I believe it's just under $40 p/p.

Save your Friday evening for a picnic at Freshfields, take your blanket (or chairs, if you have them) and plan to stay from 6-9, to hear beach music in a fun outdoor venue. You can pick up food at the grocery, right there or plan ahead and wrap something up to take w/you...you can also BYOB to this one.

As Villa stated, there are options in all price ranges locally.

Edited: 2:13 pm, October 01, 2013
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 23
4. Re: Cost of eating out on Kiawah

The Fat Hen on John's Island is wonderful!

5. Re: Cost of eating out on Kiawah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island