We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 37
Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

I will be traveling with approximately 6-8 ladies all around 60 years old in November. I want to hire a male dancer to entertain two of the ladies for their birthdays. Being I know nothing about the Island, I doubt this is even possible. But I would like to surprise my friends. I don't want it to seedy, but I want it to be a total surprise. The entire group likes to party, so I thought about a local bar or some of them like to golf. Would Osprey Point Clubhouse be an option. I know I need to call different places to find out, but wondered if anyone had any experience with this type of entertainment. We are staying in a huge house that is owned by one of the ladies in our group and I imagine I could have the dancer come to the house where we are staying, but it would be more fun at a local bar. Any suggestions??

6 replies to this topic
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
1. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

All of the resort clubhouses/bars on Kiawah are owned and operated by the Kiawah Island Golf Resort. You would need to phone the resort to find out whether the entertainment would be permitted, and under what circumstances.

Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
2. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

Kiawah is a family oriented resort, I'd really be surprised if they'd go along with something like this

Johns Island, SC
3. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

That's not going to happen in any of the resort owned properties.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

Have you discussed this with your hostess? On the whole, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

But if you're set on it, don't write it off without trying - make inquiries with management about renting a space for this. 8 women in a clubhouse aren't going to disrupt the entire island, no matter how tawdry your indoor behavior might be.

Kiawah is a gated community, so if you want in-home entertainment you can leave the man's name at the gate for him to come in as your guest. He'll need to be fully clothed at that point.

Locating and booking the talent will be a different problem. Good luck with that!

Johns Island, SC
5. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

I repeat, as the PR Director for Kiawah Island Golf Resort, this will not be happening on resort-owned property.

florida
reviews: 37
6. Re: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your input.

Reply to: Ladies 60th Birthday Celebration in Kiawah (Unusual Request)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted