We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish sting.

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 1
Jellyfish sting.

Just an FYI. Visiting from Illinois and was stung by a jellyfish today. I'm not sure if the hard rain has made them more prevalent in the last day or so. Anyway I was out quite far from shore when I felt the sting in 2 spots on my arm. I was frankly quite alarmed and quickly made a dash for the house on the beach to call the local urgent care. Was relieved to find that the jellies in these waters are not the deadly type. She confirmed my pain and rash which resulted was typical of the cannonball jelly. Anyway I know some folks would like to know this info as I guess it can be a lot worse for the little ones.

Hilton Head, South...
1. Re: Jellyfish sting.

Storms do tend to bring them up, especially the like the t-storms we had yesterday, whooooo boy those were rough.

Here's a good guide to some at-home Jelly Fish first aid:

mayoclinic.com/health/jellyfish-stings/DS011…

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
2. Re: Jellyfish sting.

Glad all is well and that you are okay and didn't panic!!!

Jellies do happen, nothing we can do about it, but be glad we don't have those little box things they have in Australia!

Enjoy the rest of your visit, hope the sun comes out tomorrow!

Illinois
3. Re: Jellyfish sting.

Thank you so much. Actually the last time I saw anything regarding Jellyfish on TV was a couple of years ago, and it was a documentary about those Box Jellyfish you mentioned. So imagine my concern when my brain pulled that bit of information from its memory banks when I got stung lol!!

All is well except for a rash on my arm.

We really are enjoying our family reunion in this lovely place.

4. Re: Jellyfish sting.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island