We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing?

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 7
Surfing?

Hi,

I will be headed to Kiawah shortly and understand the waves arent the best there. With that being said, is there anywhere I should focus on? North side of the island? south side? Thanks in advance,

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
1. Re: Surfing?

The Resort offers surfing lessons, I think they are generally held just about midpoint on the island.

That being said, you can only hope for the wind that we've had for almost 2 weeks now...anywhere on the beach has "surfable" waves.

Don't expect CA or HI waves by any stretch, but they are waves for the east coast.

Our island is situated east/west, north/south end isn't going to happen. South side of the island looks to FL.

Edited: 9:10 pm, July 07, 2013
Washington DC...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Surfing?

Thanks for the tips. appreciate it.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
3. Re: Surfing?

The most popular place in the area for surfing is the Washout on Folly Beach.

Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 37
4. Re: Surfing?

You may have already taken your trip to Kiawah, but just to let you know the surfing there is subpar. Very calm, but lovely water. Head a bit north to Folly Beach. Best surfing area on Folly is from 10th street to the Washout. Well-known area to surfers.

5. Re: Surfing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island