We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiawah Island

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
columbus, ohio
reviews: 7
Kiawah Island

We are planning a trip to Kiawah and have never been. My questions are:

What part of Kiawah is the best area to stay? We found a house in the Turtle Beach Village area that looks nice. Is there beach access near here? Are there lifeguards in this area at the beach? What are the must sees, and things to do on Kiawah? Favorite places to eat? Planning a trip into Charleston also ~ any tips. Appreciate any information anyone wants to share. Thanks very much!

5 replies to this topic
Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
1. Re: Kiawah Island

Turtle Beach is very nice, as is all of the island, there is no "best place' to stay. If you want to be near the Resort amenities, look for accommodations in the area of Night Heron Park (although Turtle Beach isn't far).

Yes, there is beach access near Turtle Beach.

The only lifeguards are at the public, County owned beach, Beachwalker Park, at the far west end of the island. I have no idea how often they are even there, may be only weekends, but I really don't know.

Please read through some of the prior posts about Kiawah and the surrounds and you'll find lots of info about restaurants and visiting Charleston.

We "escaped" the Columbus area a few years ago and now live here, pretty much in heaven, full time. Hope you enjoy your stay.

If you have any more specific questions, will be glad to help.

Walpole...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Kiawah Island

A must, must place to dine is The Fat Hen on John's Island and also for great italian cuisine, The Wild Olive. Two of our favs!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
reviews: 75
3. Re: Kiawah Island

There are no lifeguards on Kiawah's 10-miles of private beach; however, the beach has a shallow slope into the water and the surf on our south-facing beach is light.

Hamilton, Ohio
4. Re: Kiawah Island

Planning a trip to either Isle of Palms or Kiawah Island this fall. Anyone know if you can park a Class B motorhome (van like size) on either island? Any campgrounds on either island or a place you can pay to park overnight?

Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
reviews: 10
5. Re: Kiawah Island

There are no campgrounds on Kiawah. No place to pay to park, either.

I've never seen a motor-home, of any sort, on the island.

There is a campground at James Island County Park and Oak Campground on Hwy 17 (Savannah Hwy), just at Main Rd.. These are the closest to Kiawah, each will be about 17 miles away.

Reply to: Kiawah Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island