We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Access to pool w/o resort pass?

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Tennessee
Access to pool w/o resort pass?

We are staying at Inlet Cove and to my understanding we will have access to the Inlet Cove pool but not any of the resort pools. Are they're any exceptions or a way of getting a pass to the pool?

28 replies to this topic
Johns Island, SC
21. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

There is a pool only GovClub membership for property owners. I believe it allows guests if member accompanies....

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
22. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

Yes, property owners have a swimming pool at our beachside community center; however, the community association's pool is not available to rental guests.

One correction to comments by HollidayE - Guests of owner (VRBO, etc.) can use the resort pools if the homeowner uses Kiawah Island Golf Resort property management to manage the home. When looking at "rental by owner" sites, look for homes that include "resort amenities".

Charleston, South...
reviews: 11
23. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

This thread puts a whole new spin on the term "entitlements." Social Security is an entitlement - you see it on your pay stub every week. Veterans benefits are an entitlement. Use of a private pool is an entitlement that you get if you pay for it!

Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
24. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

Agreed Mike Stone!!!

This fact was mentioned a year ago when this thread was first started...want to use the pools, simply rent from the Resort or a Resort-managed property and you can use the pools to your heart's content!!!

One wouldn't make arrangements to stay at the Day's Inn in the HD (nothing wrong w/the DI, simply an example), thus saving money for other activities, and expect to use the rooftop pool at Charleston Place, simply because they are both in the HD...pretty much the same issue.

The pools are owned by the Resort (which does NOT own all of Kiawah Island), thus their guests, who do pay premium prices to be their guests, have pool usage included in their fees.

It's all about choices and what each individual chooses...can't use the pools, because you chose a lesser priced option than renting through the Resort...that was your choice.

I think this dead horse has been beaten enough!!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
25. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

I can't believe this thread is still going.

26. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, July 21, 2013
Edited: 1:05 pm, July 21, 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 36
27. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

I found the lack of pool access to be one of the (very) few things I disliked about Kiawah. When we visited, we stayed in a Windswept villa. Expensive, oceanfront, but still no pool to use. While I don't use a pool much at the beach, I do enjoy jumping in after hours in the salt water - very refreshing. Nevertheless, we loved Kiawah.

Johns Island, SC
28. Re: Access to pool w/o resort pass?

Then, next time, rent trough the resort and you'll have pool access.

Reply to: Access to pool w/o resort pass?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island