We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on The Sanctuary

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Opinions on The Sanctuary

The sanctuary website looks quite nice - but let's post here real experiences or those of friends.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
1. Re: Opinions on The Sanctuary

During our trip to Kiawah this summer, I walked from Beachwalker park to the Sanctuary. I counted 25 umbrellas and 50 beach chairs. Every chair was empty. The rest of the beach was full of people. Would you conclude the Sanctuary might just be TOO EXPENSIVE? I checked the prices... it's not in our budget.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
2. Re: Opinions on The Sanctuary

The Sanctuary is incredible -- architecturally graceful and elegant, sumptuously decorated. Fine dining. Amazing ocean views. Nontheless, the hotel is extremely welcoming -- no stuffiness (i.e., you can stroll in from the beach in your flip-flops and tee-shirt, and you'll feel right at home).

The Sanctuary is expensive. The developer wanted to create a grand hotel in the tradition of places like The Breakers, so you can expect to pay grand hotel rates.

I would recommend The Sanctuary for pampered stay -- absolutely tops for a romantic getaway or a couples golf outing. For a longer stay, for families, or for anyone who just wants more space or privacy, the villas and homes on Kiawah are better and more economical choice. They share the same fabulous, uncrowded beach and beautiful low-country surroundings.

Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island