We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 13
Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

We will be heading to Hilton Head at the end of July, into the first week of August. I need some suggestions as to where is the best place to stay. We want full beach access, and would love to rent a home. We will be traveling with my parents (early 60's), my husband an myself (early 30's), and 2 year old daughter. We want a mix of nice restaurants near by, and awesome beach, and a great little rental to stay in. Any recommendations on areas?

Fairfield, Ohio...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

Our situations sound identical! My husband and I are in our early 30's, have an almost 3 yr old, and my parents are vacationing w us this year as well! We rented a beautiful vacation home in sea pines, and are going early June. If you want a nice home, private area, easy bike path access, and private pool, then my suggestion is looking to rent in sea pines. We have also stayed in many different condos, but with the entire family going, a home just seemed better and more private. We found our rental thru VRBO this year and the owner has been fabulous to work with. I would suggest to start looking very soon, as we booked back in march and the weeks were booking up fast!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 40
2. Re: Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

Sea Pines is good, and take a look at Forest Beach / Coligny area - lots of shops / restaurants / etc. I second the VRBO idea, I have rented through them in many locations and have always had good luck.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
reviews: 78
3. Re: Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

I do know many rentals are already booked through Labor Day, so I would not wait too long to secure your rental. Houses on the beach are typically the first to book, although there are 3 bedroom condos on or within easy access to the beach.

Read the "sticky" on plantations to get an idea of location. I would suggest either something on Forest Road near Coligny, Sea Pines or Palmetto Dunes. Check VRBO and Homeaway.com, but also check with rental management companies on the island if you cannot find a vacancy. You can also check the "vacation rentals" link at the top of this forum page.

Joanne

Edited: 8:16 pm, May 19, 2013
Charlotte
reviews: 7
4. Re: Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

North Forest Beach is where we always stay - lots of great houses available without a road to cross to get to the beach. I agree with booking now though.

5. Re: Suggestions for family traveling to Hilton Head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 22, 2014