We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Fishing

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
Surf Fishing

Is there any surf fishing in Hilton Head? If so, what kind of fish can you catch in September?

Cape May, New Jersey
1. Re: Surf Fishing

does anyone surf fish on hilton head

Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 37
2. Re: Surf Fishing

My son did a lot of surf fishing when we were there early June. For the most part he caught baby sharks, sometimes two at a time. While he purchased some bait at the General Store in Palmetto Dunes, Walmart had a better selection. You will need a fishing license, and that is available online. You can get a 14 day license/ We did this after arrival and although we did not have a printer at the beach to print out the license, we could just write down the confimation number of the license purchase and keep that with us. My son also fished from some of the lagoons in PD.

clarkwgriswold
reviews: 39
3. Re: Surf Fishing

Watch to make sure that surf fishing is permitted in the area you plan to fish in first as there are some areas where it is prohibited. I have had great luck fising in plantation ponds in Shipyard.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 10
4. Re: Surf Fishing

Surf fishing is definitely allowed in Hilton Head. The sign says no fishing from 10am to 6 pm in designated areas. Designated areas are where there are life guards (Or where the signs are). If you walk to the toe or heel they are not designated areas. There are other places spread around the beach where the population of people is low. but during the day there is just 3 places i have seen people fish.

go to www.hiltonheadsurffishing.com

the rules page shows the specific rules of surf fishing,

5. Re: Surf Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 07, 2014