We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching English soccer on TV ?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 1
Watching English soccer on TV ?

Could anybody give me a name of a bar that could show a English soccer match that will be kicking off at about 8pm UK time.

Many thanks

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
reviews: 42
1. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

I don't know of any thing spaefic, but check with Murphy's.

The owners and some of the regulars are from the isles.

Stan (hhiguy)

London, UK
reviews: 8
2. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

Fox sports tv shows english football matches, some are live and some are delayed but I don't remember my husband watching them in the sports bars (Casey's, Hinchey's). Another good place to try that might show them is the British Open Pub in Wexford.

Lee

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
3. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

Just realized 8PM GMT is 1AM EDT.

Stan (hhiguy)

London, England
4. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

HHIguy,-I thought you were only 5 hours behind us on the east coast and 8 hours behind on the west. This would mean that the match kicks-off at about 3pm your time.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
5. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

you're right.

I checked with one of my collegues who is from the isles, and hangs out at Murphy's. They DO HAVE A SPECIAL Satellite connection. You can go there and see Soccer, and Rugby also.

BTW my friend played Rugby this weekend. We have a team here on the island. He's giving it up so there is a spot on the team for you

Stan (hhiguy)

London, UK
6. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

Hugh, let me know what you think of Murphy's as we are staying in Coligny in May. Husband is pleased that if we go in the football season he can still watch West Ham!

London, England
7. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

Holidayholic- I hope your not there early May, as there is a chance that the Hammers could be in the FA cup final.

I feel sure that you have booked your dates around this ???

London, UK
8. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

We're going on 18th, after the cup final. Funny how holidays have to be fitted in round football!! Hope your group have a great time and enjoy your golf. I only get to drive the buggy!

New York
reviews: 25
9. Re: Watching English soccer on TV ?

You will also be relatively close to Savannah, where there is a pub called Churchill's. You can get the details from http://www.soccerbars.com