We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

My family and I are planning to spend at least a week early next June in Hilton Head. We will have a 2 month old and a 2 year old and prefer to stay somewhere nice but kid-friendly and within walking distance to the beach, a kiddie pool, shops and dining. Should we stay in Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes? At a hotel or a condo? Any suggestions for a nice and clean 2-3 bedroom?

Indiana
reviews: 47
1. Re: Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

Sea Pines is wonderful, the beach is close by, there is a wonderful eating place close by, pool, etc. We were just there last month. If you can, get a condo - we stayed at Spice Bush and it was fantastic. We met a family who had the same requirements.

Indiana
reviews: 47
2. Re: Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

Will you be driving there or flying? Will you have a car to get around?

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
reviews: 42
3. Re: Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

I own a condo and have lived in Palmetto Dunes. It is the beach oriented resort.

Your best bet is Captains Walk. The units all face the ocean and have views from both the master bedroom and the living rooom.

Check Cyberrentals.com for owner rentals.

Captains Walk is in Walking distance to the Hilton and the Marriott. You have a choice of 7 restaurants within walking distance. The Palmetto Dunes buggy will take you to Shelter Cove for shopping and more restaurants.

new york
reviews: 21
4. Re: Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

We just go back from HHI and have been several times- We love staying in the Forest Beach area- right near Coligny plaza-Holiday Inn area lots to do and you really won't even need a car- Adventure Inn has vacation rentals right there- they are mostly ocean side- a must with small kids- you don't want to be crossing a main road. Look at their website- advinn.com

we have always had good luck. If you stay in a plantation- even though it is beautiful and very exclusive- you will have to drive everywhere and depending on when you go-especially the end of June- traffic can be a bear! Bumper to bumper down rt 278. Any other questions- just ask- we have been going every year for 15yrs! Love it!

ohio
5. Re: Coming to Hilton Head with 2 small children - Where to...

I totally agree with the forest beach post. We have been going to HHI for 9+ years. I have stayed in plantations but agree forest beach is the best all over spot on the island with young kids if you stay on the oceanside . You can walk to shops and the restaurants. It is the happening place on the island too. Whenever we stay up north we end up driving south every night. The Sea Crest is the best or Marriott but pricey. Breakers is affordable as is SeaSide but they are smaller and can be older. With four of you it would be fine to have one bedroom with bunk beds in the hall and a full kitchen. The beach is really nice there too! Good luck.