We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fripp Island Wedding Rental Homes

Hilton Head Island
Fripp Island Wedding Rental Homes

I am trying to plan a wedding for 2010 and looking to have it in Fripp Island, Hilton Head Island, Edisto Island...or somewhere in costal SC. We are looking to rent a home that can accommodate 80-100 people for the wedding and 10-14 for overnight in the house. Any suggestions on wedding friendly rental properties or areas? Or website suggestions would be great too. I appreciate any help.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
1. Re: Fripp Island Wedding Rental Homes

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the homeowners I know would balk at the idea of events for 100 people being hosted in their homes by renters.

The best advice I can offer you is to search VRBO, HomeAway, etc., for large vacation rental homes, and start contacting owners. Even better - choose a public venue for your wedding and reception, and save the home for your personal enjoyment.

When you contact homeowners, be completely honest about your plans. There are insurance issues, and other problems, which must be addressed. You could end up with a big problem on your hands if there are damages or excessive "wear and tear". Unlike hotels, vacation home owners are not insured or staffed to deal with large parties by renters. YOU will be responsible.

2. Re: Fripp Island Wedding Rental Homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 18, 2010