We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folly Beach Suites

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 5
Folly Beach Suites

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed at Folly Beach Suites, 121 E Arctic Avenue? It looks small but right on the ocean, and within walking distance to everything in town. Thanks so much for any opinions.

9 replies to this topic
Tennessee Ridge...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Folly Beach Suites

I stayed in 3A last October. Pros: They are right on the beach and each unit has 2 deck chairs, so there is a great view. The location is excellent and very quiet at night. Cons: They are small and the bathroom is also small. Each unit has only 1 parking space. There is no elevator, so try to rent on the 1st or 2nd floor over the 3rd! It's not easy to lug lots of luggage, groceries, etc up there!

Given the price and location, I do plan to stay in FB Suites in the future.

Plymouth, MN
2. Re: Folly Beach Suites

Did you work with Dunes Properties on this rental, or directly with the owner? I'm having difficulty getting answers to my e-mails through Dunes Properties. I am trying to rent unit 2A.

It is making me very uncomfortable ... I can't get them to tell me what the total cost of the stay would be, since I am declining the insurance. Anyone have any insight with this rental company?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 40
3. Re: Folly Beach Suites

I just booked something through Dunes Properties this week & they were very specific on the total price. I immediately received an email with a detailed breakdown of the cost. Everything was spelled out, including taxes, fees, insurance, etc.

I talked to a very helpful person named Liz. I would try calling Dunes direct.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 1
4. Re: Folly Beach Suites

We have stayed here before and are staying again this summer. We love it.. we are a small family of 3 and it's perfect for us. We are staying in a different space this time but it looks to be just as nice as the one before. For the cost there you can't beat it..alot cheaper than the Tides Hotel and the space you get is bigger. Right on the beach & close to the pier and within walking distance to everything.. you made the right chose!

Highlands Ranch...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Folly Beach Suites

Unit 2a is run down and in need of a serious update. Not worth $200 a night

Highlands Ranch...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Folly Beach Suites

Stayed in Unit 2a from 4/22-27, just my wife and I. It is run down, dirty and in need of significant updating. Tried to opt out for another property but if you sign a rental contact with Dunes Properties, you are totally out of luck in that regard.. You have no rights. We had a good time but spent as much time as we could away from this property. Pick another unit. This one is a rip off

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 3
7. Re: Folly Beach Suites

Has anyone stayed in 3A? What is the deal with all those drapes? Is the decorating as old as it looks in the pictures?

Hazard, Kentucky
8. Re: Folly Beach Suites

We are looking at renting a unit as well this summer. The unit I am considering looks to be right in the stairwell. Anyone have any pictures of the stairwell/porches? Not sure of the unit number yet. I have an email out asking that question. Also, what is the deal with the washer/dryer? Location? Availability? Thanks!

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 3
9. Re: Folly Beach Suites

We have stayed at these properties. I would stay away from units in the stair well. Their view and living room is open for all to see. Stairs block view of the ocean. Try to get an end unit. Great location and wonderful view!

Reply to: Folly Beach Suites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach