We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront dining in Edisto

Which Edisto Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, Ohio
reviews: 4
Waterfront dining in Edisto

We will be traveling through Edisto at the end of the month and are looking for a restaurant on the water to have lunch...any suggestions? We will be driving from Myrtle Beach Airport to Hilton Head...looking for a waterfront restaurants on the way..thanks!

Aiken, South...
reviews: 67
1. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Currently the only restaurant in Edisto that is actually on the water is the Pavilion Restuarant on Palmetto Blvd; it is on the front beach and is open for both lunch & dinner. I have never eaten there, so I cannot comment about the food.

I assume you will be driving down US Hwy 17 to get from MB to Hilton Head. Be aware that Edisto Beach is actually approximately 25 miles off Hwy 17 to the east.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 75
2. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Definitely study local maps before you plan your drive.

For any of the barrier islands between Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, you will have to travel quite a distance off the main road, and then back again to continue on your way. If your object is only to have a meal on your way to Hilton Head, the extra driving distance is probably not worth your time.

On the other hand, you will be driving right through Charleston. Charleston experts can recommend lunch or dinner stops that do not add so much driving to your journey. In Shem Creek, just on the northeast side of the Ravenel Bridge, there are convenient restaurants with water views. Post on the Charleston forum if you want more information.

Toledo, Ohio
3. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Thank you ...we are looking for a waterview for lunch...and we are in no hurry to get to Hilton Head...we are looking forward to a leisurly drive with stops along the way.

Toledo, Ohio
4. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Thank you for letting me know The Waterfront Restaurant is not on the water!!! WHo would have thought that!!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
reviews: 11
5. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Babs:

As suggested, try something in Charleston instead!!! Either look in the Shem Creek area or there's Fleet's Landing which is right in the Historic District on the water (view is great, food is okay).

For something a little more upscale, try the rooftop at the Market Pavillion Hotel, fantastic view and very good food).

Wander around a little, then move on to your trip to HHI (still another 2 hrs. down the road). Historic District would be a good place to stop and stretch your legs, about halfway through your trip.

Have fun!

Toledo, Ohio
6. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

I appreciate your suggestions for Charleston---I have spent time tonite looking up Shem Creek and historic Charleston and think you hit it on the head! thanks...looking forward to visiting..now can you make the sunshine and temps in 70's???

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
reviews: 75
7. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

Babs - We will try hard on the weather. We are crossing our fingers and toes! Have a great vacation.

8. Re: Waterfront dining in Edisto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island