We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Charleston by Bus

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Getting to Charleston by Bus

How can I get to Charlston, SC from Charlotte, NC by bus?

Charleston, South...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

You'll have to deal with Greyhound Bus. They are online. The bus station in Charleston is on Dorchester Road, close to I26. You can easily call a taxicab from there.

Greenville, North...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 141
2. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

It might be cheaper and more convenient to rent a car one way. It is a 3 hour drive.

New York City, New...
3. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

Mike, thank you for your responsey. Looking at the map, the bus terminal on Dorchester Rd. appears to be in North Charleston, quite far away from downtown. Would you happen to know its exact address, so that I can map it and figure out the distance? Assuming there's no CARTA service from the bus terminal to downtown, what's the ballpark taxi fare?

Charleston, South...
4. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

According to google, the bus station is at 3610 Dorchester Road. Don't assume there's no CARTA service, check the online CARTA map. The bus station is not far from downtown, much closer than the airport or train station.

I have no idea of the cab fare. For sure it will be less than $10.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 28
5. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

Cab fare from bus station to historic district..... less than $10??

Charleston, South...
6. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

I made up $10. According to Yellow Cab, the fare for one person from bus station to downtown is $13. Sorry I spoke out of turn.

To the original poster, you need to take information from Destination Experts only.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
7. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

Dima G, I think it's important to note that bus and train transportation in the Southeast is NOTHING like that in the Northeast. In NYC, you can get a bus or train to anywhere all the time. Not so down here. If you can drive you may want to rent a car to save yourself much time and some trouble.

8. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, August 09, 2013
9. Re: Getting to Charleston by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 11, 2014