We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to folly beach

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Transportation to folly beach

My Wife and I are staying in the HD for a 4 day weekend and we were not planning on having a rental car. We were hoping to go kayaking near folly beach. From what I can tell, there are only two options for us. Either take the bus near there and walk, or just take a cab. Is there any other option I am missing? What would you recommend? Thanks!

Greenville, North...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 141
1. Re: Transportation to folly beach

Many people rent cars just for one day. Enterprise will deliver one to you.

For kayaking use Ralph Earhart. He is the best!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 23
2. Re: Transportation to folly beach

There is not really another option other than renting a car. If you get a taxi, you will have to call for one and wait on it to arrive (or have your hotel do it) and then do the same when you are ready to return downtown. Cabs here do not drive around looking for fares like they do in larger cities.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
3. Re: Transportation to folly beach

Yes, you really do need a car to get to Folly Beach!!!

You can reach Ralph at...

www.kayakcharleston.net

Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
4. Re: Transportation to folly beach

Thank you all for the input, I decided to just rent a car for the full weekend. Can't wait to go kayaking!

reviews: 13
5. Re: Transportation to folly beach

You can also stand up paddle board on Folly and that is very cool as well. With the river and the marshes, it is a safe, easier place to learn rather than the open ocean. Either way, you will love it there. Enjoy!

6. Re: Transportation to folly beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2014