We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More hotel questions...

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winston Salem...
reviews: 3
More hotel questions...

My husband and I are from NC...never been to Charleston and planning on visiting (kid-free!!!) for our tenth anniversary in early September.

I'm overwhelmed with the hotel choices. I want something historic and charming but not run-down, preferably with a balcony, and nice bathrooms. A pool would be a plus but certainly not a requirement as I doubt we'll use it much in three days. IN the $250/night range.

I'm looking at:

Rennaisance Charleston

Vendue Inn

Fulton Lane

Jasmine House

Rutledge Inn

Thanks for your help in advance. I read so many conflicting reviews.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 16
1. Re: More hotel questions...

Of those mentioned I would go with Vendue Inn. I love their location. Some of the hotels are probably going to come in just a little above your budget...perhaps a lot if you are coming on a weekend, but still I would look at The Restoration On King. They typically run a special on Tripadvisor that I think is 15% off so that might help some with the price.

Winston Salem...
2. Re: More hotel questions...

THanks!

You love their location, but do you love their hotel rooms? ;)

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 23
3. Re: More hotel questions...

Many of us can't really speak about the rooms, because since we live here we don't stay in hotels. :-) We may or may not have been in the hotel or had a friend staying there. Also, some folks that used to visit (and now live here) have stayed in a few of them.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 16
4. Re: More hotel questions...

I have been in there rooms and they are nice. To me, especially in Charleston, the location is more important than the room itself because I wouldn't be spending a whole lot of time at the hotel anyway. Too many restaurants and things to do. I think the rooms at Vendue would be a good fit for the type of occasion it is for y'all.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
5. Re: More hotel questions...

We stayed at Vendue a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I believe they may have remodeled recently, but I'm not sure.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 107
6. Re: More hotel questions...

My cousin and his wife stayed the the Restoration, less than a year ago, and were very happy with it. As others have said, I live in a house here and don't stay in hotels anymore, and used to stay in a motel where it was much cheaper anyway.

Winston Salem...
7. Re: More hotel questions...

Thanks so much everyone. We booked Vendue.

Found Market Pavilion for the same price, but the reviews threw me off and made it sound like it catered to younger bar-hopping types. Is this true?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
8. Re: More hotel questions...

MP would be a great place to stay!

Greenville, North...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 141
9. Re: More hotel questions...

Market Pavilion is great! MP is shiny and new and Vendue is more traditional with a small inn or b&b feel.

10. Re: More hotel questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 30, 2014