We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton, CO
reviews: 3
Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

I read that visitors should take the Charleston Barge to learn about the city. is it recommended for a first time visitor to do both the barge and also dolphin tours in Mt. PLeasant? We will be there for a week in August.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 12
1. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Never heard of Charleston Barge, can you provide a link or more info???

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 28
2. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

I also have never heard of it. Sounds as if you read an advertisement maybe?? I did a search and found something called the Charleston Barge in Charleston, West Virginia ~ nothing here.

Edited: 9:30 am, June 03, 2013
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 28
3. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Also, there are tons of ways to see dolphins ~ not just a "tour". You can go kayaking (no previous experienced needed) for an up close and personal view.

www.kayakcharleston.net

Go to the Boat House restaurant at Breach Inlet (between Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms) near sunset, sit on the roof top bar ~ almost always see dolphins.

Hilton Head, South...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Never heard of a barge either, barges are typically industrial, doesn't sound like fun.

I ditto Endo, kayaking is a great way to see dolphins and also there's quite a few restaurants where you can din and watch dolphins as well, Boat House is one, and also any of the restaurants along shem creek in Mt Pleasant you can see dolphins.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Charleston Barge would make sense in Charleston, WV...coal barges pass through on the Kanawha River.

Isle of Palms...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Heck, you don't even need to go to a restaurant to see dolphins. You might see them from Charleston Waterfront Park, the Battery, Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park, beach at Breach Inlet between Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island.

Littleton, CO
reviews: 3
7. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Thanks for the input......I think I should have said water taxi instead of barge?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

Don't believe that the Water Taxi will give you tour/historical info, for that you would need the harbor tour. You will more than likely see dolphin during this jaunt on the water.

9. Re: Dolphin cruise and Charleston Barge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014