We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

We're headed to the Indigo Inn in Charleston the last week of March with our Westie in tow.

The Indigo Inn was one of the few, if only, places that would accept pets. We like the idea that it's located in the city however, we're afraid we may miss being on the ocean or having access to a pool. Thoughts? Comments on the hotel location and amenities?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
1. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

You can easily do a day trip to one of our local beaches (make note of the doggie rules which will be posted at each beach, don't forget the leash) and you certainly won't miss having a pool, there's way too much to do to spend your time by the pool working on your tan.

Edited: 8:18 am, March 18, 2013
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
2. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

I haven't stayed there, but I think you'll be glad you stayed in the HD. The beach is not far.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
3. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

I think both of you are right. We're taking the plunge :-) into the historic district even though we've always stayed at the isle of Palms in the past.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 16
4. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

I think the HD is the best choice as well. End of March isn't reliably pool weather anyway so I wouldn't base a lot on that. The Indigo Inn has a fantastic location...I have never stayed there but it has a good reputation.

Go Vols!

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
5. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

I've stayed there. Great choice!

6. Re: Anyone stayed at the Indigo Inn in Charleston proper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2014