We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
reviews: 22
Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

I will be flying in next month and am currently looking for a rental car. Two best prices I can find for a SUV is at Avis and Budget. I was wondering if anyone has rented at either one and could give me some feedback on which they prefer. I am not a member of either loyalty program so I have no preference one over the other.

Appreciate your insights. Thank you.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 78
11. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

I'm generally successful at getting a better rate if I call the local rental office directly, not the national reservation number.

Have you tried AutoSlash.com? They will keep trying to find lower rental rates for you. http://www.autoslash.com/

Hockessin, Delaware
reviews: 69
12. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

Okay Nicemann, which rental car company did you use and what was your experience? I am doing the exact same thing next week and the two cheapest car rentals at CHS are Avis and Budget. I know they are both part of the same parent company but the local management usually is what counts. Do you have anything to share???

Arizona
reviews: 22
13. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

I used Avis. When I arrived they had my SUV ready to go and it was fully loaded. Price was a promised with no issues at all. Service people thanked me several times for my business. For my next visit if Avis still has a great price I will go back to them.

Iowa
reviews: 27
14. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

I always use Hotwire when renting a car - have done so twice landing in CHS, one time we were given an Avis rental, the next a Hertz -- both seemed fine with us. We typically save about $80-100 per booking by using Hotwire - for a rental car, it is really the way to go. They can't surpise you like if you were booking a hotel blindly and then you find out it's not in the area you wanted to be. A car is a car! They have to give you the level of car you booked. :)

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
reviews: 2
15. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

Way back when, I was a faithful Hertz car renter. Now Budget. Budget is substantially cheaper than Hertz at CHS. I do have the Fast Break membership (think I signed up for free online).

In eight years of renting from Budget, I've not had a problem. I do remember one trip, we checked our car in only to find out our flight had been cancelled. Budget worked with us to give us a good daily rate for the "new" rental car that we only needed overnight.

new jersey
reviews: 47
16. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

Do you belong to Costco, by any chance? I find that's where I get the best prices for car rentals. We're going to Charleston this weekend for 4 days and I just wanted a car for one day. The best deal was with Enterprise on Meeting Street, so we don't have to go back to the airport.

Hockessin, Delaware
reviews: 69
17. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

I'm going to answer my own question. I just came back from Charleston on Oct 20, 2012 and I can tell you there is absolutely no difference between Avis and Budget at that airport. They share cars and personnel. Just pick the company that provides the lowest rate. I found that at that airport, Costco provided the best pricing for those two companies. The closer I got to the travel date, the cheaper the price.

18. Re: Avis vs. Budget Rent A Car at CHS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 15, 2013