We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

Coming to Charleston early June, thinking about staying at Lowndes Grove Plantation, has anyone stayed there? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Charleston
reviews: 3
1. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

I have been out to visit the rooms at Lowndes Grove and overall the accommadations are beautiful. The grounds are right on the water and some of the rooms have a view. Included in the price of the rooms is a full breakfast! I have had several visitors that have made reservations that were disappointed that they were not in the main house. When you make reservations make sure to specify that you want to stay in the main house. The rooms are a little nicer. The nicest rooms are either rooms 1 or 2 so ask for those first.

Louisville, KY
2. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

I stayed there about 3 years ago and loved it. The grounds are just beautiful and they were to most reasonable priced I have found.

north adams, ma
3. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

i am coming to charleston for the first time and like the looks of lowndes grove, however, it seems to be a long way from the "historic district"--- approximately what does a taxi cost and is it easy to get a cab and how safe a section of town is it?

charleston, south...
4. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

Lowndes Grove is a couple of miles north of the historic district so a taxi may be about $10-15 (according to how many people are riding). Like O'Melia said, this B&B is really nice and the rooms are huge and all have antiques-in the main house. There's a lot of history out there and the innkeepers are happy to share it. The riverviews are beautiful and I'm sure there will be a weddings out there throughout the spring. The other plantation to stay at is Middleton which is also beautiful but about a 25 min. drive. If you want to stay on an actual plantation, but still be close to historic charleston, go to Lowndes Grove.

north adams, ma
5. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

thank you --- we are going to go (as a surprise) the last week in june---our 35th anniversary and my wife's retirement from teaching--- and it looks perfect

Charleston
6. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

You are going to have a wonderful time. Lex is the owner and he is extremely nice and he makes you feel at home. I would probably request either room 1 or 2. They are in the main house and have views of the river. Congratulations on your anniversary!

north adams, ma
7. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

thank you for your help--- but can you tell me if it is easy to get taxis to and from lowndes and the historic/market districts--- and are most areas safe at night--- we are not city people--- but i know she is going to love charleston

Charleston
8. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

I don't think that you are going to have a hard time getting a cab to and from Lowndes Grove. You could contact the new cab company The Black Cab~ they are relible and they are pretty and nice cabs. Lowndes Grove is in a safe area, so no worries there.

north adams, ma
9. Re: Lowndes Grove Plantation B&B

i'm sorry to say lowndes couldn't accommodate our dates-- could i pick your expertise and ask about some other places that can help us out?

Kitchen House, Fantasia, King George IV, Thomas Lamboll, Vendue Suites and Market Street Inn or any you could reccommend--- it is so hard reading reviews they go along great and then somebody has bugs in their tub or bed

we are looking for a small b and b --that is near the center of the historic/market district

thanks in advance for your help