We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

It will be my first time to Charleston. My husband and I are going for two nights (thursday and Friday) the first week in August. I have no clue where to stay- I would like to stay in one of the beautiful B &B s but they all seem quite expensive. Ideally, we would like to spend about $150/night. Any suggestions?

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 16
1. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

Try the Elliott House Inn. 25 room boutique hotel with great amenities like wine and cheese in the evening, continental breakfast delivered to your room. Award winning restaurant 82 Queen also provides room service. I believe their rates start around $139 weekday and $169 weekend. Check them out on the web at www.elliotthouseinn.com.

Enjoy your trip.

Charleston
reviews: 3
2. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

I would try the Indigo Inn, The Meeting Street Inn, The Anchorage Inn, Andrew Pinckney Inn or The Elliott House Inn. They are all nice historic Inns right in the middle of Downtown Charleston.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 55
3. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

If you didn't want to stay in downtown Charleston, you could try the Shem Creek Inn in Mt. Pleasant - sometimes, you can get a creekview room for only $99 per night. It's only about a 5 - 10 minute drive to downtown Charleston, and it's very close to Patriot's Point. It's also great fun to watch all of the shrimping and regular boats coming up Shem Creek!

Boston
reviews: 2
4. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

I've stayed at Meeting Street and Indigo, and will be staying at Indigo Inn again in May. Charming, historic, clean, great location so within close walking distance of most everything, and it has its own parking lot. Reasonable prices, etc. Good luck! - JHf

san francisco
reviews: 2
5. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

the accommodations in Charleston from the top to the bottom seem frought with problems and some of the places-- particularly the chains seem to lack integrity and some of the hotels have attitude per my research thus far

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 17
6. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

You know, I know better than to reply to this, but I must....

So, adorabelle, your very first post on TA and that's the best you can do? That statement is so broad and vague that mere words can't even begin to address it. Not to mention that it's bogus.

Perhaps your posts will improve with age.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 55
7. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

Floski, I couldn't have said it better!

SW Missouri
8. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

My husband and I stayed at the Shem Creek Inn about a year ago. It was clean and inexpensive, plus convenient to all the things we wanted to do while visiting Charleston. It wasn't fancy, but then, we were really only at the hotel to change clothes and sleep so it didn't matter. We had a creekside room, and yes, the views of the boats are pretty cool. Plus a (very simple) conteniental breakfast was included. We aren't big breakfast people anyway, so it worked out well for us.

Dallas
reviews: 3
9. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

Just returned from Charleston 3 weeks ago. We stayed at the King George IV inn on George St for 6 days. It was the best BB we have ever stayed at. It was very well decorated and extremely clean. I would recommend room number 4 as it is a suite that has a bedroom and a sitting room with couch for watching TV. Take a look at their website as the rooms look just like the pictures. (no trick photography) We are very picky about where we stay and would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. The owner are very knowledgeable about what to see and where to eat.

You will like Charleston, very interesting place.

Lyle

10. Re: Recommend nice inexpesive place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 31, 2009