We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 3
What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

I've read about it on this forum before but I can't find the post. It's a seafood place...I think it's mainly fried seafood. Someone said it's a big tourist trap and not to go there. Other people said it's good. Apparently there's usually a line. And it's noisy inside. It's not Hymans.

North Carolina
1. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

nevermind , it was Hymans

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
reviews: 17
2. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

^lol

I've only eaten at Hymans once, and I thought it was great! So what if it is a 'tourist trap'? The food still rocks, and that's the main reason I go to a restaurant.

I'll never understand why some folks (not you, wocket) go so far out of their way to trash a place.

Charleston
3. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

People LOVE Hymans. I have never been there myself~ But people ask about it all day long. They have been in business for a long time so they have to be doing something right! I would give it a try...

NC
reviews: 1
4. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

I like Hyman's just fine...but Gilligan's is MUCH better!

North Carolina
reviews: 32
5. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

Ate there once and loved it. Will be going back when we are in town in late March for sure.

Might try Gilligans if it's really that good too! :)

Charleston,SC
6. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

Noisy Oyster? That sounds like it could be it. Its not bad, but we have had better.

LJB

Boston
reviews: 2
7. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

I would have also thought Hymans, since there are always long lines and I've likewise been told not to bother. Not Hanks??????

Madison
8. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

Hyman's is OK, but I would go during lunch time and avoid the long lines for the evening meal. The food is good, but not worth waiting so long when there are so many other great places to eat in Charleston.

North Carolina
reviews: 32
9. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

We just got back from Charleston and the line for dinner was WAY LONG. It's amazing really as the food isn't THAT good. I've had equal or better at many different restaurants in and around Charleston. I guess when the wife and I first ate there 7 years ago it wasn't quite as popular as we didnt have to wait in a line like what I saw on a Wednesday night. Amazing.

Castle Rock...
reviews: 29
10. Re: What is the name of this restuarant in Charleston??

In town this week and loved Hyman's, got a table within 2 minutes of arrival. Fast service great food, loved it!!!