We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

Which Beaufort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Treasure Island...
reviews: 59
Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

My husband and I will be in Ridgeland for a wedding and would like to take a day trip to either Hilton Head or Beaufort. We have not been to either one but only have time to visit one town....which one? What would you suggest to do or see in such a short time? Is there something worth seeing or doing? We would like to have lunch somewhere local and laid back with awesome food and hopefully a nice atmosphere. We are in our early 30's and are up for anything.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 64
1. Re: Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

They are completely different. If you want to stroll and look at shops, perhaps take a carriage ride and have a nice lunch, you need to go to Beaufort. HHI is much more spread out and resort oriented.

Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
2. Re: Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

Visit Beaufort, HHI isn't really set up for daytripping.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
3. Re: Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

I just spent an excellent week at Treasure Island! Lucky you.

I agree with the above. You live at a really nice beach. Visit Beaufort. Get the Big Chill on Netflix to prepare.

Hopefully, beaufort-tiger will post and give you food recs.

Edited: 9:54 pm, June 12, 2013
Johns Island, South...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 10
4. Re: Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

Hey Shankle...(I know those little dots drive you insane!!!), Tiger is on his honeymoon in SF this week, I hope we don't hear from him for another couple of days!!!

5. Re: Beaufort vs Hilton Head?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014