We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 78 from CT to RI

Which Westerly hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westerly, Rhode...
reviews: 3
Route 78 from CT to RI

Rt 78 connecting CT to RI is a parking lot in the summer and now that the new shopping center is in full swing on Airport Rd in Westerly at the end of Rt 78, definitely take the next exit off of I95 and follow signs that lead you to Narragansett or Newport!

Boston
1. Re: Route 78 from CT to RI

no way.. I would much rather spend time in Westerly, Watch Hill, Misquamicut, Weekapaug and Shelter Harbor than in Narragansett. And Newport gets so crowded during the summer, it is much better in early Fall. If you are worried about Rt 78, get off one exit sooner (#91) and take Rt 1 through town. Or go to Exit #1 and come down Rts 3 and 216...

Westerly, Rhode...
2. Re: Route 78 from CT to RI

Have you been in Westerly lately?? Misquamicut Beach was closed due to unavailable parking on Memorial Day weekend. But every weekend here is packed solid and you're right- the best time to be at the beaches is after the tourists leave and that can't come fast enough! LOL!! After Labor Day, it is just absolutely spectacular with no crowds!!

Boston
3. Re: Route 78 from CT to RI

I get down just about every weekend during the summer. Now I am lucky and we have a beach with private parking to go to, so I tend not to worry about Misquamicut. I still think the area is always worth a visit. Stay a night at one of the Misquamicut or Watch Hill Hotels, and then there is no worry about parking either.

4. Re: Route 78 from CT to RI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Westerly