We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions?

Which Middletown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
Restaurant suggestions?

Looklng for places to eat in middletown or newport. Will be here a week so can try several places.

9 replies to this topic
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 62
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I'm assuming your trip will be in 2012. For classic RI clam shack food (the best clam shack in RI, in fact) try Flo's Clam Shack in Middletown. It's just over the Newport line across from Easton's Beach. Right across from Flo's is the Atlantic Beach Club which is also good, but their Sunday brunch is very good.

For upscale seafood try Scales and Shells, The Mooring or The Black Pearl. For casual American Brick Alley Pub. For French or a special occasion meal try Bouchard's. Upscale classic American try The White Horse Tavern, America's oldest restaurant.

For pizza and family Italian try Nicholas Pizza.

Rhode Island
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

Maybe if you were a little more specific. What kind of places are you into? Budget? There are a lot of restaurants around here. And quite a few good ones.

Boston...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

definitely go to Bangkok City @ 23 Valley Rd in Middletown. We love Via Via for pizza (open late night which is a plus) and swing by Cupcake Charlies on Thames (right behind the Barking Crab which also gets good reviews).

There is the White Horse which is steeped in history and ambience...however, we were there last week and while the prices were high, the food quality was only on the good side of mediocre.

Oh...Yesterdays on Broadway...food is good and they have a gazillion microbrews. If they have the bbq salmon tacos, they are delish.

Hartford...
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I'm looking for the name of a pizza restaurant & bar on the main road on the way to the Portsmmouth abbey Ice Rink. We stopped in with a lot of kids last winter and the service was great. I'd like to preplan something there this year.

Rhode Island
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

Might be West Main Pizza. I really like that place.

Hartford...
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

Thanks. I think the place was on the right side of the road when heading back toward Newport. It didn't have many other buildings around it & when you go in there is a bar to the left with some cafe tables in front of the window and a lot of booths to the right.

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I could be Carmella's Pizzaria, they have a bar I think.

Rhode Island
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

That definately sounds like West Main Pizza you are describing but it is on the left if you're coming south towards Newport. The only other place I can think of is Carmella's, which is on the right but in a much more developed area and they don't have a bar or cafe tables.

Westerly, Rhode...
reviews: 25
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

West Main Pizza is great!

Reply to: Restaurant suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted