We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bring bikes or rent?

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 1
bring bikes or rent?

is it best to bring our own bikes or just rent there?

thanks

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 38
1. Re: bring bikes or rent?

If you are coming for 1 night, as I got the impression from your other question, then I would rent. Of course if the kids are riding too then maybe I would bring their bikes as while there are many bike rental facilities, I'm not certain how many kids bikes there might be, or if they have the size your kids might like. Better there to be safe rather than sorry.

JDP

Queens, NY
reviews: 1
2. Re: bring bikes or rent?

Bring if you can. The rental bikes are awful; slow, heavy, and creaky. They're built for durability rather than pleasure. On the other hand, the bike places offer tandem and tagalong bikes, which you might not possess.

3. Re: bring bikes or rent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Block Island