We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Islip, New York
reviews: 2
Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

Just returned from another glorious trip to Block Island. We are in the process of planning our wedding on the island for next June. I was pretty set on a venue going into our trip, but then after viewing a few other places, my head is spinning a bit. I tried asking as many locals as I could where they would suggest having a wedding reception for 50 people, but I got many different responses.

So Block Islanders, could you please tell me where you would recommend? At the moment we're pretty much between 1661 and Atlantic Inn.

Thank you sooooo much in advance!!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 29
1. Re: Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

With so few actual year round residents I can see where you'd get a lot of opinion.

I think your 2 spots are both perfect . Why do I have a feeling you looked at the Spring House and had second thoughts?

JDP

West Islip, New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

Thanks JDP! I did look at Spring House and it is spectacular. But with only 50 guests, I dont think its the best fit. Have you ever been to a wedding at 1661 or Atlantic?

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 29
3. Re: Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

Unfortunately I haven't though if forced to chose between the 2 I'd pick the Atlantic. Terrific staff and food.

JDP

4. Re: Block Islanders - I need your opinion :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2013