We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Block Island with car and dog for a day

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 14
Block Island with car and dog for a day

Hi,

Plan to bring our car and on the ferry for a day trip midweek in August... It has been over 30 years since my last visit....where should we go and where can ee eat outside with the dog??

Bethlehem...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Block Island with car and dog for a day

If you are going to bring your car,

you need to make a reservation tomorrow. Not sure why you would need it though. Three Sisters, Rebecca's, maybe Aldo's and the pizza place next to Yellow Kittens. Think it's called CaPIZZAno's. There's also a takeout right as you get off the ferry. (Old Harbor takeout.)

Connecticut
reviews: 14
2. Re: Block Island with car and dog for a day

Yes, we have a reservation...The car is only about $40 more expensive, then going as a foot passenger and hiring the taxi for a tour. Once I throw in the fee for dogsitting, it is a wash. Figure a car will give us some flexibility....am I missing something??

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 33
3. Re: Block Island with car and dog for a day

I think the point might be that most all the shopping, eatting, and nearby Crescent Beach are all in Old Harbor or within very easy walking distance. Yes, to see the rest of the island, New Harbor, the 2 lighthouses, and Mohegan Bluffs, it is definitely easier to have a car, especially with a dog. Otherwise, biking or a moped are also very enjoyable.

JDP

Block Island, Rhode...
4. Re: Block Island with car and dog for a day

The National Hotel just opened a dog friendly section of their verandah! Out on the back patio you can now eat with your dog at your feet. Check it out!

5. Re: Block Island with car and dog for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 22, 2013