We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach cooking permit?

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, NY
reviews: 1
Beach cooking permit?

I'd like to do some cooking on the beach in the evening. Just a fire with some hot dogs and marshmallows for the kids, maybe some baked potatoes. What permit do I need and how do I get it?

Bethlehem...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Beach cooking permit?

Years ago when the same families were staying for a week or two at the Surf Hotel, one person would go to the town hall to get a permit to have a bonfire on the beach. It was good for one night and that person was responsible for making sure the fire was out before we all left the beach. I would assume you would still need one.

Washington, DC
reviews: 9
2. Re: Beach cooking permit?

Go to the fire station to pick up the permit. You have to do it day-of because they won't issue permits if it's too windy. I think you might need ID just to show them, address of where you're staying, and which beach you want to have the fire. Possibly some other basic info too.

3. Re: Beach cooking permit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 21, 2013