We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brockton...
reviews: 3
2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

Would the Blue Dory, Ballards or Hotel Manisses be out best choice?

Is parking available at each place?

Thanks!

Bethlehem...
1. Re: 2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

We are a middle aged couple and for two days I don't think you would need a car. All three of your choices have very little parking. I think at Ballard's you would have to take your chances in the public parking near the ferry. I believe there is a small lot behind the Blue Dory and there is limited parking right in front of The Manisses.

The Surf has reopened and they used to be open until Columbus Day so I would assume they will be open. I know there is a parking lot because everyone who stayed there stayed at least a week because there used to be a six night minimum in July and August. (not now) and then you really needed a car for carting all your stuff.

Brockton...
2. Re: 2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

thank you :)

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 34
3. Re: 2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

I agree, you don't need the car, unless you want to tour the island and don't want to rent a moped or bike, or take a taxi tour.

As for where to stay, while Ballards has been renovated, it attracts more of a younger crowd. I would go with the Blue Dory or Hotel Manisses.

JDP

rhode island
reviews: 33
4. Re: 2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

You really don't need the car and it will add expense to your trip, I think it is $100.00 round trip for the car if you can get a reservation.

Hotel Manisses would be my first choice and then probably the Blue Dory. Have you checked out the 1661 Inn? It is owned by the same family that own the Manisses and it has some very nice rooms.

5. Re: 2 nights in Sept. for a middle aged couple with car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Block Island