We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

minimum age for moped rental?

Which Block Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
reviews: 2
minimum age for moped rental?

Would a 14 year old be able to ride own moped if adult rents it? Thanks!

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
1. Re: minimum age for moped rental?

No. You must have a driver's license.

Queens, NY
reviews: 1
2. Re: minimum age for moped rental?

Those things are death traps. Not because the vehicles are shoddy, bit because the people on them have NO IDEA how to drive them.

Just this week I saw some bozo get onto his moped and plow right into the rental kiosk as he confused the accelerator for the brake. Weldon's Way is a comedy of stop-start-whoops. It boggles my mind that a motorcycle license isn't required.

Durham, CT
reviews: 2
3. Re: minimum age for moped rental?

Well, that's news to me, but then, I don't think we rented back when we camped as Boy Scouts! Can't blame residents being down on these, but good they're still available for rent. Just one more thing to have fun with here. Sure would love to have a weekend aboard a clipper out here!

4. Re: minimum age for moped rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Block Island