We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southbound on US15 question

Which Williamsport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 61
Southbound on US15 question

Is it faster to stay on US15 through WPort at about 3-4PM, or should I take the I180 bypass around town, take the short jog on I80, then pick up US15 again? I know that's longer mileage, but don't know about the time.

This is today, BTW, sorry. But I suppose it's good info to know anyway.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 83
1. Re: Southbound on US15 question

If you are going straight through on US15 from north of Williamsport and continuing on US15 south of Williamsport, just stay on US15. US15, 180 & 220 actually run together around Williamsport and then split off. (Just don't take any exit that may say business US15 that would take you into town, that would be unnecessary.) Williamsport is not that big a city and there should be no problem with traffic.

Silver Spring...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Southbound on US15 question

Would the same be true heading north on US 15? Do you save time going way around on I-180 versus traveling on Route 15 through Williamsport?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 83
3. Re: Southbound on US15 question

I drove to/from Williamsport for years and never went around on I-80. I always stayed on US 15 in both directions. Traveling north, as you enter Williamsport, sometimes the traffic can back up just slightly to make the turn onto US 15 north; however, the wait time is minimal.

Muncy, Pennsylvania
reviews: 22
4. Re: Southbound on US15 question

just stay on 15

Reply to: Southbound on US15 question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted