We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

Which Williamsport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Laurel, NJ
reviews: 39
Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

My Mom & I have watched this World Series for YEARS. She's never really expressed an interest in going until just recently. Since she is nearing 80 (can run circles around me) I thought since she wants to go, we will. I've just been searching for hotels in August in the area & everything is sold out. Are they really sold out or just waiting? Should I book something w/a cancellation policy that's a bit farther away & hope some of the hotels open up as the year goes on?

Thanks for the help!

4 replies to this topic
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 82
1. Re: Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

The hotels probably are sold out. In addition to the World Series, the influx of workers involved with the Marcellus Shale drilling in the greater Williamsport/North Central PA area has put a premium on hotel rooms. I would recommend looking for a hotel room in the Lewisburg area which is about a 30 minute drive south of Williamsport. Another suggestion would be to try Bed & Breakfast establishments in the Williamsport/Lewisburg area. Sometimes they don't book as quickly as hotels. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

Mount Laurel, NJ
2. Re: Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

Thank you for the help - will look in Lewisburg. My son works at Woodward Camp every year - so maybe we'll stay out that way & drive over to try & catch some games for a full day. My Mom is up for anything and very go with the flow. Great fun planning a get away!!

Thanks again.

TZ

Mount Laurel, NJ
3. Re: Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

Booked the Comfort Suites in Lewisburg for now - hotels there didn't seem to have too many rooms either for our time frame. At least we have something that - will keep trying for Williamsport though.

Thanks again for the tip!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 82
4. Re: Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to get a room in Lewisburg. The drive to Williamsport isn't too bad, you should be fine. Enjoy the LL World Series!

Reply to: Advice needed for LL World Series Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted