We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Which Tannersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 11
Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

I am looking for a nice hotel in the Camelbeach Waterpark vicinity to stay for several days with my daughter next week. It seems from browsing the reviews that every place is not very desirable - if there are bugs or mold, we will be running out of the room screaming! It doesn't have to be 5 star, but must be clean and I am not looking for a motel type. Any help is appreciated.

long island, ny
reviews: 19
1. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

How about the great wolf lodge? It has it's own indoor water park for the evening.

Brooklyn, NY
2. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Great idea - I was thinking that was more of a winter destination, but will check it out, thank you.

Wilkes-Barre...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

We visited Camelbeach last month. On the way into Camelbeach, I saw a hotel named The Chateau. It appeared really nice.

Roselle Park, New...
reviews: 29
4. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Try the Hampton Inn in STroudsburg which is a few miles away. It is the only good hotel near the area which has gotten good reviews. Great Wolf can be very expensive.

Brooklyn, NY
5. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Yes, Great Wolfe was over $500 a night and since I am not interested in an indoor water park in August, it's a total waste of money. At least I know Hampton Inn will be clean. The Chateau's reviews are scary! Thank you.

Roselle Park, New...
6. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Yes do try that one it seems like the only sure bet in that area.

CT
7. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

We've been going to the Poconos for over 20 years now. Used to take weekend trips but no more since the hotels are all very bad and all need major work and new staff. The only hotel we found good now is the Hampton as stated above. Relatively new and was very clean and well run the last time we were there. Now we only go for a week and rent a condo. Will be there in Oct in a 3 bedroom condo for a week for $600. There are vacation rental sites were these condos are listed and some have nightly rates. Just can't beat the room and comfort level over a hotel.

Roselle Park, New...
8. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Its such a shame that there is only one good hotel in that whole area. We used to stay at the Clarion (now Quality Inn) years ago and we were always pleased with it. Havent been there in years and will not go due to the reviews. You think that they would build some quality hotels in that area, very strange to me.

Brooklyn, NY
9. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

I ended up staying at the Hampton Inn, which was fine. We had such a great time at Camelbeach and in the area in general that we are definitely going back next summer, but we will rent a condo, for sure and stay for 5 or 6 days this time. (The hotel right outside Camelbeach - the Chateu, I think, looked ok from the outside, but the reviews were horrifying.) Is there any specific one anyone can recommend? It is only my daughter and me, and possibly my husband if he can get away from work, so we don't need anything large, but it has to be CLEAN and preferably in a pretty setting. Thanks.

CT
10. Re: Nice hotel near Camelbeach?

Brooklyn,

You can find rentals at vrbo dot com and vacational rentals dot com.